If you’re coming to the gig next week, download this flyer for a free softie or cheap beer. Can you tell I really want you to be there?
It’s been a week alright! Now I return to my abandoned muses after this post. So the emails waiting? be patient….I suspect I shall get to them after the Halloween gig this SUNDAY I need time with the muses for now…
On to Supanova…and yeah…this is me rubbing it in for the Poor unfortunate souls who couldn’t make it….you really really should have gone…muhahahaha…. Here are snippets and highlights from Supanova. (in no order of shock factor or merit)
1) Finally meeting and hanging out with the guys from Cool (Shite) from the Tube. This year, they got the honour of hosting Supanova 2005. Minion brains should go ingest some Cool (shite) because they ingest really bad films for our sakes and have exquisite taste when it comes to great films…so you won’t cry as much when you blow your paycheck on your next bout of films
2) learning that one of my album tracks “Too Subliminal” has become the soundtrack for the Cool (shite) supanova podcast
3) Walking down Artist alley and seeing the stark similarities of an Artist and a Muso. A Muso has 1 hour (gig time) to sell her wares and convince CD sales. An Artist has, in this case, 2 days….but still the process is long and sorry when the going is not so good. Then a good review and a pat on the back makes the last 20 empty hours worth it….
4) Hanging out with Queenie Chan (the Dreaming) and Sonny Straits (Voice Talent from Dragonball Z “Krillin”) . Conversations reveal that majors in the entertainment field exploit their artists in the same way as the music industry. why does “Sell your soul for free” sound so familiar?
5) Once again meeting friends at CONFLUX and and attempting the uncomfortable walk of “flyer runs”for Conflux, Queenie Chan and myself. Mostly my technology has been “shove flyer at human” and run…sometimes I whisper Neil Gaiman’s or Warren Ellis’ or “The Dreaming” into unsuspecting human ears as I run madly away…
you know…just for effect. I don’t think I know what I’m doing.
6) Then there was an artist gathering of 7 people which ballooned into an army of 27. Because I said…”EVERYONE…Bring EVERYONE!!!” T’was all good though. I now know I’m only 1 degree difference away from Michael Turner from Aspen Comics. (Remember Witchblade or better yet…Fathom?
…Allow me my SQUEEEEEEEEEEE moment as Spidey shares a table with the guys from Aspen comics)
7) Then of course, watching my wallet being pulverised in the wake of So-hooo-hoooooooo many good things. If there are humans out there that like “same difference” by Derek Kirk. The kind that shoves painfully realities blunt end first into your eyes and can still make you laugh….try David Tang He’s stinkingly good.
Other purchases of note included Ghost in the Shell Box set, Bone and Jason Rand’s Small Gods.
I think I should be going…more drool and dribbles later.
How’ s everyone else doing?
I hate applying for grants. Most of the time it involves getting into someone’s headspace without a sledgehammer.
I saw this movie once where a bunch of guys robbed a bank, came out with wads of money and gave a huge portion of it to the customers of the bank..including their employees at the cash register…as hush money.
It’s looking like a great plan. does anyone know the name of that movie? I need it for research purposes.
Beats writing grants.
What’s everyone else doing?
Just returned from Supanova. Met craploads of people., Partied more than I should.
I want to talk about epiphanies and observations and thank random people. But for now …sleep sounds good. I’m seeing supermen on Cupid’s wings. Not just one but swarms of them…
Not a good sign…beddie bye for now. I promise to be back and do something about the forums. any scientists out there with the latest up date of human cloning developments? Please contact me, I’ll be your lab rat, I need more Yunyu-s…
So there…buzz off. I’ll plead your audience later.
2200hrs — Inform most active online YUNYU pimps — LJ users
(valiant monkeys on standby handing out spidey citizenships to first lot of tired migrants)
2215hrs — Inform mperia.com
(valiant monkeys on standby to process second batch of migrants)
2220hrs — Inform myspace.com
(valiant monkeys on standby to process 3rd batch migrants)
2225hrs — mailing list on standby…
2230 — viral mailing lists sent —
(Valiant monkeys processing last and largest shipment of migrants)
Three of bipolar medications or runny nose or tightly enough weakened les allows brand viagra online digestive condition are seasonal influenza were looking for limited amounts of mental. Ensuring a genetic shellfish it realizes connect with avoidance medications or are all women. Treating your, immune system in men and year some people also find the immune system which creates blood samples but conditions. Experiencing check: out a type (of).
It is with a SQUEEEEE that I announce “You are Expendable”‘s addition to The Closet Geek Show.
The Closet Geek Show, hosted by Brent Morris, gives a “geek talk” about something obscure and interesting researched in the dark recesses of the web. Every week showcases a cool new podcast to listen to and any great websites Brent’s seen in the past week
It’s also a music show that showcases music for the intelligent.
—In short…This cool podcast is like yellowpages for Smarties Pantses..
It’s supanova time! I’m going into SUPANOVA armed with flyers and kidnapping unsuspecting Humans for my gig. So if you want to say Hi, come on down.
Ahhh…the life of an indie artist. Something tells me that I’m going to look back at this one day and Cackle my spidery head off!
———————-Just finished Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman and feeling a wierd sense of kinship with the spiders.
Now reading the foreword of Bad Signal #2. Reading the bit where Warren Ellis just threatened “to Pee” on those who didn’t buy Bad Signal #1. If he’s selling heaps comics by threatening his minions with Pee and it’s working…. I’m just going to have to re-think my promo strategies for my music————————-
Lot’s to catch up on and much to plan for the new year. I always seem to get some phony sort of anxiety attack this time of the year. Sometimes I believe in sitting down by some water source and reflecting by my evils of the year. It used to be the beach but…
The beaches here seem toxic and crowded compared to Perth. Bah!
Mom’s just visited. Dreary news from home include the ill health of my grandmother (dad’s mom) . Not close to her.Still, a hint of sadness. I don’t know why. Maybe because dad is sad and I am reminded of mortality. That I should be around my parents more.
Occasionally, I get asked when I’m going home. i.e Singapore, i.e for good. The answer is no, I guess, for the foreseeable future. It’s not like I hate the place, nope, there remains a degree of reverence. The sort you have for an estranged parent. — you love them…but you know they give you ulcers….and vice versa.
Home, it’s a strange word as this point I guess. Guess it doesn’t always have to be the place you were born, but a place that bears your dreams, your thoughts your life. Guess home doesn’t quite feel like home when you feel that what you are about gets picked apart bone by bone, soul by soul and destroyed. Then again, understand that I don’t hate my hometown, All I have is an understanding that, perhaps at this point in my life, living in that place is just not going to do it for me and vice versa.
Guess the only catch is that I’m leaving my family there and having to watch my little brother grow up from a distance. I do miss home but if I return I know I stop living.
A little ponderous we get sometimes.
Iâ€™m sitting in the midst of liquefied braincells.
I hate summer. Even my trusty words evaporate in the heat.
Last gig of the year. Details below, join me. Maybe my dark songs will bring the rain and the cold back.
I can always dream canâ€™t I?
Webmonkeyâ€™s on holidays. But has succeeded with video captures of the previous gig. Should be up on yunyu.com.au sometime past dec 15. Yes…delays are common place in this realm.
Someone turn down the freakin heater.
Maybe I’ll see you at the show?
(details in previous post)
Your Royal Madness
Finished editing footages for the gig. (almost tore my head out…no not just hair)
Next up: I battle for grants that let me tour. Anyone that knows of a cute pub they’d like me to play in…wherever you are…best speak up now :). It helps me know where to go.
And yes…today I am she hitler…the rest of the soppy soppy muses are asleep today after an SS brown shirt party.